The following checklists and tips cover a range of board and fund development, and facilitation areas and can be used for planning and discussion purposes. Please feel free to download and share these tools:
- Board Accountability Checklist
- Board Development and Succession
- Board Leadership Worksheet
- Board Meeting Best Practices
- Facilitating Difficult People
- Fearless Facilitation Checklist
- Fearless Facilitation Exercise
- Sample Ground Rules
The following websites are Lisa’s favorites and offer guidance, information and connections. Please e-mail Lisa and share your favorite websites:
- Association of Fundraising Professionals – fundraising profession’s premier international association; website is rich with tools, latest fund development trends and more.
- BoardSource – everything you need to know and all the tools and techniques you’ll ever need around boards and board development.
- The Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University – a great source of cutting-edge research and its practical applications, along with seminal trainings offered across the country.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- CompassPoint Nonprofit Services – a nonprofit that offering training in areas ranging from finance to fund development with a website rich in tools and resources.
- Development Executives Roundtable – a friendly San Francisco professional association offering monthly educational luncheons and a variety of free professional resource and support groups.
- Foundation Center – a national nonprofit with many regional offices offering soup to nuts information and many free trainings on foundation grant seeking and a host of other areas.
- Grassroots Fundraising Journal – you’ll find just about everything you want to know about grassroots fundraising on this website, rich with back articles and training opportunities.
- TechSoup – from choosing fundraising software to figuring out how to best use social networking, this is the site for you.